Atlantic Group Tours was founded in 1989 by John Cox. John was inspired by his father Jim and his uncle Johnny, both of whom led successful dance bands and fulfilled a number of leadership roles in the Galway community of Ireland. John’s admiration for music and education melded perfectly with his love for travel.
Atlantic Group Tours’s purpose is to provide custom European performing tours for United States musical groups and organizations. Atlantic Group Tours understands the specific requirements necessary for a successful performing tour whether it is for a Marching or Concert performance for a band or choir.
John Cox and Atlantic Group Tours have been utilized by some of the major United States University and high school music programs including:
- A.I. Dupont High School – Delaware
- Black Dyke Mills Brass Band – United Kingdom
- Foothill High School – Nevada
- Texas A&M University – Texas
- Georgia Institute of Technology – Georgia
- James Madison University – Virginia
- Red Army Band – Moscow
- University of Delaware
- University of Illinois
- University of Missouri
- Youngsville High School – Pennsylvania
Atlantic Group Tours network of music contacts throughout Europe enables us to deliver unique performance opportunities such as:
- Birmingham International Tattoo – United Kingdom
- New Year’s Day Parade – Dublin, Ireland
- St. Patrick’s Week in Ireland
- Berlin Military Tattoo – Berlin, Germany
Atlantic Group Tours will customize your tour, be it in Ireland, Britain, Scotland, or Continental Europe. If necessary, we also arrange for a high quality, basic set of percussion, delivered directly to your performance venue.
With over forty years of planning handling concert, group, and marching band tours, John Cox brings a depth of knowledge and expertise to his client’s travel experience. Contact John Cox today to get started!